Event planning is not an easy task. You just cannot order people to do the job. You need to patiently handle all the resources at hand. There are several problems that an event planner usually faces while planning an event.
Here are a few aspects to keep in mind if you want your event to be successful:
- Deciding the purpose: The purpose of an event is a very important consideration. Different types of events require different type of planning. Events like festivals, birthdays, meetings, conferences, competitions, weddings, concerts etc., all have to be planned in a different way as it affects all the following aspects of planning. Selecting a proper theme to suit the event is very essential as different type of decor is required to match the theme, for example, if it a garden theme wedding, then you need garden furniture items and decor pieces to suit the theme, or if you have a beach theme wedding, then the set up would consist more of beach decor like centerpieces with shells and pearls, beach style aisles and arches, etc. If it’s a kids birthday party then maybe hire a bouncy castle. Thus, know the purpose of the event and plan accordingly.
- Fix a sensible budget: Event planning involves money, thus make sure you have set your budget that covers all the expenses incurred during event planning. Make sure you have allocated sufficient amount of money for smooth transactions so that there are no disputes later. With a limited budget, you have to prioritize important things involved in event planning. If you have a planned budget, you can organize the event accordingly.
- Always have a couple of plans in hand while planning for an event: If there is some issue at the last moment you can always implement another plan. For example, you should have a few dates planned for the event, check the venue and select one that suits the event; you also need to decide if the event has to be held indoors or outdoors etc.
- Make sure all the supplies are available on the selected date: Contacting reputable suppliers who is not just affordable but also available on that day should be done before hand. Keeping contacts of a few suppliers in hand is essential, what if the chosen supplier is not able to deliver the supplies on time?Also make sure that you have a few contacts of reliable transportation services too, to transport heavy items and goods required for decoration, catering etc.
- Get the relevant permission for the event: Make sure you have the permission of the concerned authorities for planning a successful event. For example, permissions may be required for alcohol, loud music and noise, parking space for the guests etc. This will not just ensure that the event runs smoothly, but will also make sure that all your guests are not embarrassed or uncomfortable.